Saturday, July 7, 2012

First Steps to Healing!

I am a follower of Christ.  I believe the Bible is the Word of God and I try to live my life to reflect that.  So when faced with having fibromyalgia I naturally turned to prayer for help.  I would pray (and still do) for healing and guidance on how to handle living with this syndrome.  I wrestled with what I was being told by Dr.’s to be selfish and the negativity I was seeing in other people around the world living with fibro.  I wrestled for months, “HOW do I handle this God?”  All kinds of people of course were there to offer suggestions.  Most wanting to be helpful.  Try this diet, take this pill, read this book.  For me though, I need to hear it from God.  The answers need to come from His Word.  The first place I was led to was the book of James.  I was doing a Bible study with the women’s ministry at my church.  I loved it, even though I was late most meetings.  (It was held in the mornings & I am just NOT a morning person.)  James is a short book, 5 chapters.  Guidance came for me in Chapter 5.  Yup, He made me wait a little bit.


 


Well.  That’s pretty clear.  I was sick.  I needed to call up the elders of my church and have them pray over me.  So I did.  Next week in church I wrote my request on a little card & turned it in.  Was contacted & set up a time for me to come to a board meeting.  (I would also like to mention that I shared this in my Bible study group and those wonderful ladies gathered around me right then to pray.  We all can and should pray for one another with the authority of Christ.  “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.” James 5:16)


My husband came with me that evening, and the board members gathered around me, laid hands on me and took turns praying for healing.  I cried the whole time.  I wasn’t sure what to expect.  I was pretty sure I wasn’t going to receive complete healing right then.  I do believe that that is possible!  But I believe God has me on a PATH to healing and this was my first step of faith & obedience.  I left feeling very blessed to be surrounded by people who care, and earnestly prayed for me to heal.  Thank you Mission Community Church! I also left that evening knowing that healing is coming.



No comments:

Post a Comment